Travel with me to San Juan, Puerto Rico and follow me around on some of the most gorgeous and underrated spots Puerto Rico has to offer!
Condado Beach & Calle Loíza
Gorgeous beaches 10 minutes away from the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport that will take your breath away, easily! Whether its local restaurants, to all day happy-hour bars this is the place to be!
Top Condado Beach & Calle Loíza Recommendations:
- Dude’s Diner: The best hands-down Chicken & Waffles you will have in your life!
- The Place: Between Yuca fries, $1.50 Coronas & live music this place literally will start your night off right
- Atlantic Beach: Soft sands, very clean and tidy beach, and friendly locals, really tie in the perfect beach day.
- El Barrío: Some may compare this place to the “Boston Coogan’s”, very affordable liquor and they play reggaeton and Latin trap all night! If you want a place that gets down with the locals or are a night owl that doesn’t mind staying til’ 3 am, this place won’t disappoint!
Old San Juan
A MUST TRAVEL TO SPOT! The beauty and history within Old San Juan are so rich that it will take more than a day to accomplish! Eccentric food, boutique style shops, and very exciting nightlife will have you gravitate to this part of the city!
Top Old San Juan Recommendations:
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro: A historic fort that offers such amazing views of the Puerto Rican coast that will leave jaw on the floor!
- La Casita de Rones: Right off of the Old San Juan Pier, here is a local cuisine spot with a twist that also offers rum tasting! Yum!
- La Factoría: This street of San Sebastián offers countless bars with great music and did I mention all-day happy hour? But of all the bars I have been to, La Factoría will make you want to shamelessly dance the night away!
- Calle Fortaleza aka “The Colorful Umbrellas Street”: This place DESERVED to be visited once you come to Old San Juan, not only is this such a great moment to capture but did you know Bad Bunny shot down this street with Jimmy Fallon for his song Mía?!
What a great, spontaneous find! Just a 10-minute walk from our Airbnb, this hidden gem showcases the great art pieces from local artists. A very interactive and colorful museum you must add on your to-do list!
Puerto Rico has tons, and absolutely tons of other amazing things to do that I haven’t mentioned, so I cannot stress enough you NEED to add this on your travel bucket list!
After the 10 long years I hadn’t visited (is the 10-year challenge still a thing?), this trip definitely brought back all the nostalgic memories and I even created some of my own!
Visit Puerto Rico, Check!
What are some of your favorite travel destinations? The travel-bug definitely got me, and I am READY for the next trip!